August 27, 2011

My Love Affair with Craigs List

Ever since I felt the panic settle in about getting everything together for the baby sooner rather than later, I have frantically been searching Craigs List (countless hours a day every day) in pursuit of thrifty baby purchases :)  You won't believe it but there is so much wonderful stuff out there, gently used and still in good condition, for just a fraction of the retail price!  Earlier this week I contacted a nice young lady about an Eddie Bauer travel system she had posted for sale.  It was the exact same one I had picked out in the store (except in black instead of brown), so I inquired about it.  She was hoping to sell the car seat, stroller, and car seat base for a total cost of $100 - that's over $150 in savings!  So we emailed back and forth all week and agreed to meet in the Lowe's parking lot in Salisbury this morning to check it out.  Sure enough, it was as fabulous as I expected!  The stroller has a little "wear and tear" but nothing I couldn't go in and spruce up myself.  So we bought it!  We made our first official big baby purchase today!  It felt great!  I'm looking forward to all the other little treasures that are still to come :)

Eddie Bauer Adventurer Travel System in Westlake


No comments: