August 23, 2011

We're Moving Right Along!

We were finally able to submit all of our loan documents to the credit union last night - what a time intensive excercise that was!  Chris had been working on them for a couple of weeks already, but last night we sat down for 3 hours just to finish them all up!  It was A LOT of information, a lot of paperwork and legally binding signatures (lol), but all that matters is that it's officially done!  We should have all the funds in the bank by the end of the week!  This means that the marketing team should be contacting us as early as next week to spend time creating our webpages together (that the birthmothers will look at) in hopes of grabbing someone's attention and being matched as soon as possible!

In the meantime, we are busy coming up with ideas for the nursery, acquiring all the necessary baby "gear" (furniture, stroller, car seat, etc), and registering for baby showers!  FINALLY we get to actually feel excited about the opportunity of bringing our baby home!  It's been a long time coming . . .

Additionally, I shared the news of our adoption with my boss yesterday.  I was SUPER nervous about the timing of this news, but very relieved when he seemed genuinely happy and excited for us.  He asked some basic factual questions and ended with a dialogue around the timeline.  I told him it could be anywhere from 2-6 months and that I would be on maternity leave for at least the full 12 weeks given (through the Bank).  Other discussions will be had in the future about how to cover my role while out, but at least he knows now and I don't feel like I'm carrying around this secret anymore!  I figured, given the uncertainty of a timeframe, the most advanced notice I could possibly give him would be the best option.  So, a huge relief for me!

No comments: