June 10, 2011

A Fresh Start

For those of you out there who have been faithful blog followers for the last 2 years (I'm floored when I think about all the time that has gone by since we officially started this process . . . and still no results), you may notice a small change.  As I was perusing the journal entries of yesteryear, I found myself a little discouraged by its content.  So I decided right then and there that it was time to clean up this blog . . . start preparing for a fresh start!  All the failed attempts and let-downs of the last 2 years have no place in this story anymore.  When I open this blog, I want to be ENCOURAGED by all the new and amazing things God is doing with us NOW and not be reminded of all the lost time and disappointments that came before.

Now, do NOT freak out!  Although I did delete approximately 50 posts from this blog . . . they are not lost forever.  I printed color copies of each entry/picture and created a little book entitled "Blessed Assurance: Our Adoption Story - Part 1 - The Foundation of our Journey."  Dated July 22, 2009 - April 1, 2010.

I just felt like it was time to let everything that came before go and start anew with fresh perspective and renewed hope.  So that's just what I've done.  I did keep a small handful of entries from what will now be affectionately referred to as "Part 1", so you'll see the dates skip around a bit.  But they seemed important in light of our story of how we started the process of adoption and have gotten to where we are now.  So, alas, they made the cut! :)

No comments: